Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COD 4 Clan

+8
SoleFever
cracker
Shoki
The_Hoff78
Barmelo
Tazbot
lainux
Adails
12 posters

:: Clans

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

COD 4 Clan - Page 3 Empty Re: COD 4 Clan

Post by Adails Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:14 pm

lol he is everywhere noooo. Did you check the chatbox archive? look at what shoki was telling us about avf. Smile
Adails
Adails
Admin

https://xavfs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hoff78 Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:48 pm

Adails wrote:Here is the clans page on consolegaming if anyone is interested.

http://cod.ps3.consolegaming.eu/stats.php?id=254

Have sent Taz and lainux invites as they are already registered on there.

How do you join?

The_Hoff78

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:01 pm

You sign up for the site and enter your psn name. Then I will send you an invite. Smile
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hoff78 Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Adails wrote:You sign up for the site and enter your psn name. Then I will send you an invite. Smile

Done

The_Hoff78

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:18 am

SoleFever wrote:
JohnpMc wrote:
The_Hoff78 wrote:I'll proably be online tonight for a few games of COD4 if anyones on later.

I'll be on later.

Do many of you have skype? Does it run through your PC?

Most of us have it. It really does add so much more to the game. Yes it runs from the PC. Just get a cheap Bluetooth Dongle for your PC and a Cheap Bluetooth headset

Sorry to be a pain, would that mean that I'd have to have both the PS3 and the PC connected to the internet because at the moment I can only have one or the other. Thanks

Adails, I have just signed up for that site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoki Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:08 am

JohnpMc wrote:
Sorry to be a pain, would that mean that I'd have to have both the PS3 and the PC connected to the internet because at the moment I can only have one or the other. Thanks

Unfortunately i think having the pc connected at the same time is the only way to do it as the skype software is pc based, i suppose if you had a skype enabled mobile phone and headset that could be a work around. Out of curiosity why can you only have the system connected to the internet at a time?
Shoki
Shoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:19 am

shoki wrote:
JohnpMc wrote:

Unfortunately i think having the pc connected at the same time is the only way to do it as the skype software is pc based, i suppose if you had a skype enabled mobile phone and headset that could be a work around. Out of curiosity why can you only have the system connected to the internet at a time?

When I'm playing online on the PS3 I just take the ethernet cable from the back of my PC and plug it into the back of the PS3....on the cable modem thingy there's only one socket for an ethernet cable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoki Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:52 am

While possibly not the best solution i suppose but if you leave the pc connected to your modem and then connect the ps3 to the pc that should provide a workaround, only problem with that set up is you need the pc on to use the ps3 online, alternative is a router or a modem that has a usb and ethernet connection.

Just thinking about this and if your connecting to your modem via ethernet then i presume it is'nt powered through usb, so does it have a usb connection as well as the ethernet? if so you should be able to connect to the pc via usb and leave the ps3 connected with the ethernet cable, i used a similar set up when i got a 360 and worked fine, the modem acted as a router and both systems could use the internet connection at the same time.
Shoki
Shoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:45 am

shoki wrote:While possibly not the best solution i suppose but if you leave the pc connected to your modem and then connect the ps3 to the pc that should provide a workaround, only problem with that set up is you need the pc on to use the ps3 online, alternative is a router or a modem that has a usb and ethernet connection.

Just thinking about this and if your connecting to your modem via ethernet then i presume it is'nt powered through usb, so does it have a usb connection as well as the ethernet? if so you should be able to connect to the pc via usb and leave the ps3 connected with the ethernet cable, i used a similar set up when i got a 360 and worked fine, the modem acted as a router and both systems could use the internet connection at the same time.

I don't think it has a USB connection (I will double check tonight) as it's quite an old modem. I have had the same one since I first got broadband years ago. If it hasn't i will look into getting a router so I may be coming back for more advice, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barmelo Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:59 am

Don't do what i did and buy a stupid wireless USB key. I did when i first got my PS3 and could never finish a game of R6V because my connection would die half way through.
Barmelo
Barmelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:11 pm

Sign me up for the clan.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleFever Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:40 pm

Will do chill. We are having a break from it at the min, but we should start playing it again next week Very Happy
SoleFever
SoleFever
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:42 pm

I should be back on as soon as my pad arrives, I tried it again before and my left stick will only respond to left right and down. Evil or Very Mad
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by markpodbery Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:23 am

Hi all,

Not got the game yet, with this level people are at thing what does that mean when you say lvl 15 etc? How do u know what level you are at? Sorry if it a dumb question!!?

Ta

PS I am new to this clan thing!

markpodbery

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleFever Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:42 am

Welcome Markpodbery. Basically as you play COD 4 you rank up. You start at lvl one and earn exp points in each game, from killing the enemy, completing challenges and so on. don't worry to much when you start that most people will be rank 40+, other than a few perks they have no real advantage. When you get the game let me know and i will add your psn name to my friend list. Very Happy
SoleFever
SoleFever
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by markpodbery Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:20 pm

Thanks very much.

Ok that is great, really want to become part of a clan too! Looks like I am in the right place for that too!
I saw some people mention prestige level what is that?

Just about to buy a ps3 you see too with the COD4 game, so this is all quite new to me! So the psn name is for my playstation login, not just for COD4? I will have a mic too so it is all good!

Thanks very much again for the reply. I guess I will need lots of practice before I am good enough for clan stuff!

Does this Clan play other clans etc?

Rgds

Mark P

markpodbery

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazbot Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:54 pm

markpodbery wrote:Thanks very much.

Ok that is great, really want to become part of a clan too! Looks like I am in the right place for that too!
I saw some people mention prestige level what is that?

Just about to buy a ps3 you see too with the COD4 game, so this is all quite new to me! So the psn name is for my playstation login, not just for COD4? I will have a mic too so it is all good!

Thanks very much again for the reply. I guess I will need lots of practice before I am good enough for clan stuff!

Does this Clan play other clans etc?

Rgds

Mark P

Hi bud and welcome to XAVFS.

When you hit level 55 in COD4, you get a choice of going back to level 1 with a new 'prestige' badge - you lose all perks, weapons earned and have to do all the challenges etc over again. On the good side, this 'special badge' shows everyone else that you've reached level 55, on the bad side you have to earn back all the perks, weapons and do the challenges again, but I suppose it adds replay value to the online play as well.

Once you've got your PS3 and COD4 game, just play through single player for a bit and venture online when you feel you are ready.

Your PSN name is created when you sign up to the PSN Network You can't play online without doing this first. Once done, your name appears in online games.

Hope that helps.

regards

Tazbot

Cool
Tazbot
Tazbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Barmelo Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:44 pm

yeah welcome aboard will add you to the welcome list on the blog along with any other new members
Barmelo
Barmelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hoff78 Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:56 am

Anyone going to be online tonight? Havent any games with the guys from here for a while.

The_Hoff78

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleFever Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:54 am

I will be on tonight from 8-10 Hoff
SoleFever
SoleFever
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:34 am

I've not been around for a few days cos my PS3 broke!

I decided to have a break from COD4 so i put my Oblivion disk in, and the PS3 decided it didnt want to ever spit it out again! So i had to call Sony and get them to send a replacement PS3, which arrived this morning. Nice shiny brand new one... i could've even had it delivered next-day if i had been available! Sony say they will try and get my oblivion disk back to me, but if it is damaged in the process then they will send me a brand new copy

Unfortunately i hadnt got a big enough external HDD to back my ps3 up (and i was kinda hoping i cud just swap my 250gb disk straight in... apparently not) so i've gotta go and re-download everything. Which is a bit of a pain in the ass cos i had every single demo and video ever put on all the PS stores lol

But at least i can get back on COD4 now Smile
cracker
cracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:36 am

Bloody hell, you have been unlucky with your consoles mate.
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:39 am

I can play tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleFever Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:40 am

Welcome Back Cracker. Ok John i will be on from 8-10 so I will send you an invite. Very Happy
SoleFever
SoleFever
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cracker Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:42 am

Adails wrote:Bloody hell, you have been unlucky with your consoles mate.

Yeh tell me about it. Although a week or so ago i finally got round to sending off my 360 for repair, and apparently its been sent back today, so hopefully i should have it back tomorrow. Still got Bioshock and MOH:A here i havent had chance to play yet lol

Although in defence of the PS3, that is the ONLY problem i ever had with it. It took my 3 attempts to correctly register my 360 for a repair, whereas with Sony i spent 5 mins on the phone to the careline who took the serial number and the fault details and said "right we can have a new one to you for tomorrow morning"... Now that is good service! My 360 has been broken since the start of October!

None of this messing about arranging couriers and packaging it up and waiting months for it to be returned like you have to do with the 360. After all its their fault that the console failed, so why should i have to waste my time sorting out a repair. The Sony service was excellent and is designed to make it as quick and easy as possible to get back gaming asap Very Happy

The Parceline dude just arrived with a big plastic foam-lined tab with security seals, which he opens in front of you. Gives you the new unit and you give him your old one which he security seals back inside the tub. Took about 2 mins at the door. Sorted Very Happy

Last edited by on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
cracker
cracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next