Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COD 4 Clan

+8
SoleFever
cracker
Shoki
The_Hoff78
Barmelo
Tazbot
lainux
Adails
12 posters

:: Clans

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

COD 4 Clan - Page 12 Empty Re: COD 4 Clan

Post by SoleFever Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:21 am

Chill do not claymore on the corner near B on Crash. I have always put my claymore there since we first started playing.
SoleFever
SoleFever
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:26 am

SoleFever wrote:Chill do not claymore on the corner near B on Crash. I have always put my claymore there since we first started playing.

We have been playing together that long on these maps that we all have our "usual places" to claymore and we have areas to operate in. As we have said before whilst defending 2 watch point A, 2 watch point B and the other 2 are free to flit between the 2. When we play like this we usually win.
Adails
Adails
Admin

https://xavfs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Barmelo Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:49 am

JohnpMc wrote:Do these forums work on the PS3?

He has no computer at the minute because the laptop screen broke.

Yeah they do mate, not as affectively but you can still sign up, post e.t.c.
Barmelo
Barmelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:54 am

SoleFever wrote:Chill do not claymore on the corner near B on Crash. I have always put my claymore there since we first started playing.

That doesn't make it your claymore spot,...i suppose ill stop planting them there rather than start an arguement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Barmelo Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:56 am

Well yeah that was sorta what he wanted Laughing
Barmelo
Barmelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:58 am

Yes it does mate, we have a plan and at the moment your not being a team player in that plan. Mullethead was planting his claymores in front of mine when he could see I had already planted them.

He was trying to nick my potential kills by purposey placing them there, tbh you and Mullethead are not playing as a team but as individuals. If we wanted to play like that we could just play with randoms.

If you were on voice comms you would understand what we are doing and why were doing it. ALso if your friends want to use the XAV clan tag they have to signup on the forum and be an active member. People like Grystler and any other inactive member will be purged with the newly implemented inactive user prunning options.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:00 am

but i dont have a voice comm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:01 am

Well get one, skype is free and mics are no more than a £10. It really enhances the gameplay.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am

its just not that easy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am

i got a headset and its terrible

Back to top Go down

Post by Barmelo Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:08 am

What's terrible about it?
Barmelo
Barmelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:59 am

The sound is pretty bad and it doesnt really fit my ear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:41 pm

Guys just because I get somewhere you haven't seen or want to go doesnt mean you should copy or follow me. Find your own spots, Chill you tried it on countdown and you try it on Strike and district, you get in my way and reveal my location to others.

Go there in games you play on your own, we don't want everyone seeing you getting up there. We also don't need 2 people in these places.
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoleFever Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:44 pm

chill wrote:The sound is pretty bad and it doesn't really fit my ear.

Here chill http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5463879/Trail/searchtext%3EBLUETOOTHHEADSET.htm that is what i used when i first started playing. A great little Headset for the price, all you would need then is a Blue tooth dongle for you Pc and you will be sorted.
SoleFever
SoleFever
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:53 pm

Or these there are 5 or 6 of us that use these with skype, it has a good 11hr battery life.
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazbot Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:55 pm

SoleFever wrote:
chill wrote:The sound is pretty bad and it doesn't really fit my ear.

Here chill http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5463879/Trail/searchtext%3EBLUETOOTHHEADSET.htm that is what i used when i first started playing. A great little Headset for the price, all you would need then is a Blue tooth dongle for you Pc and you will be sorted.

Chill, this is perfect and if you could get one it would really enhance your game play. Through Skype, the enemy will never hear what we say and you will get constant help from all of us when we spectate after being killed off - a real advantage imo.

Your great at assualt and will be even better with comms. Very Happy
Tazbot
Tazbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Barmelo Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Adails wrote:Or these there are 5 or 6 of us that use these with skype, it has a good 11hr battery life.

Unless you leave it on like I do Laughing
Barmelo
Barmelo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:58 pm

thanks for the help guys,

do ou have to press something to answer a call on skype because the ps3 is not near a computer so i would be running up and down during a match to answer calls.

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun_1208 Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:09 pm

button on the headset is all you would need to press to answer. set it so it rings through the headset so you can tell when someone is trying to get hold of you.

How come skype wasn't getting used tonight?

shaun_1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Everytime we invite you mate all we hear (or don't) is silence. Next time I'm on I will give you a call. Smile
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shaun_1208 Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:52 pm

I know what you mean, I do (hopefully did) have a habit of trying to concentrate on not dying that I forgot to talk. It could also be the fact that i'm not used to talking to people outwith the house while gaming, but i'm sure once i get used to it you will be wishing i would shut-up.

I think I am finally getting the hang of the game now, I'm quite pleased with my k/d ratio of 1.17 and my accuracy of somewhere above 19%. I've also come top of my team in some TD matches, which came as a surprise to me as I thought I was doing well but not that well.

shaun_1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:22 pm

http://iamfourzerotwo.com/2008/02/04/new-official-call-of-duty-4-maps-in-the-works/

Sweet I intially thought we would be getting the user created ones but it's nice to know they will be official.
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adails Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:10 pm

Just been reading some thread on infinity ward and some people are saying getting to that place I snipe from on Ambush is cheating/glitching. I think the devs have put some of these places in for others to find and isn't cheating. What do you all think? do you think getting to these places is cheating?

I agree mostly with this post on IW

To me, cheating is perk stacking, adding a grenade launcher, silencer & RDS on a gun or having more than 2 claymores or 3 frags. That's truly an unfair advantage to everyone else that can't hook up their classes that way. I agree that this kind of cheating should be banned.

Glitches, like finding a spot on a map by walking on a wall, is nothing to get rattled over. Because of the Kill Cam, you can find a way to kill them similar to killing a camper. Plus, EVERYONE has the ability to access these areas. If someone takes the time to jump on a wall in a match, then you have that same option. It's not an unfair advantage if you can do the same thing.

I actually think most of the people that find hard to reach spots are sitting ducks against skilled players. You can probably get a few kills, but once your position is made, a skilled sniper or a few well placed assault rifle bullets will end their fun. Besides, most of those places have extremely limited places to hide. Bottom line, if they can see you, you can see them.

Also the feature patch has now been delayed because of the "pricks" who have changed there tags to be coloured.
Adails
Adails
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoki Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:40 am

I don't think getting into one of these positions is cheating, i remember years ago in counterstrike and in the original medal of honour, there were glitches in maps where people could fall out of the map box but still shoot people playing normally, who could'nt see where they were. Using these glitches was unfair, a glitch to climb a tree or get on a roof in full view of everyone is not a cheat as far as i'm concerned, i mean surely that just makes the game a bit more realistic?
Shoki
Shoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Tazbot Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:18 am

I agree with Shoki and Ads on this one. Finding a sweet spot in a map is not cheating as the enemy will know where you shot them from and will try for themselves so not cheating imo. It's an advantage until everyone else starts to do the same but having the advantage can help secure a win over a lose.

Talking of 'sweet' spots, I've found another in Overgrown

Wink
Tazbot
Tazbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next